The DoseEdge System is not intended to replace the knowledge, judgment or expertise of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the preparation of IV admixtures or oral liquid doses.
For the safe and proper use of the devices referenced within, refer to the complete Instructions for Use or the appropriate manual.
DoseEdge Pharmacy Workflow Manager
The DoseEdge Pharmacy Workflow Manager is an enterprise solution that interfaces with your Pharmacy Information System (PIS) to automate the process of routing, preparing, inspecting, tracking and reporting on IV and oral liquid doses.
By providing visibility to the entire dose preparation and dispensing process for both patient-specific and stock doses, The DoseEdge System helps to:
- Promote Dose Preparation Safety
- Automatic calculations and barcode verification of ingredients help reduce key sources of preparation errors, including wrong drug selection and incorrect dose concentration
- Standardized preparation steps facilitate uniform processes among users
- Reduce Waste
- Identify errors prior to admixture to reduce rejections and remakes
- Use unexpired returned doses to fill other medication orders
- Automatically remove discontinued doses from the preparation queue
- Implement just-in-time dose preparation
- Utilize dose tracking to minimize lost or missing doses
- Enhance Pharmacy Productivity
- Remote dose inspection and approval frees pharmacists to concentrate on other clinical activities
- Reporting functions within the DoseEdge System allow for analyzing compounding error rates, trending of workloads and other productivity measures
To request additional information, including a live DoseEdge
System demonstration, contact your local Baxter representative at 800.422.9837.